Monday, December 20, 2010

venkatesh interview


                                                                                               Victory Venkatesh is all set to woo his fans from Dec 16 with his duel role in the film Nagavalli. It is also the 25th year of Venkatesh as an actor. The star shares his experiences about doing Nagavalli and also his twenty five years journey in this freewheeling chat…

Q. What is your feeling about completing 25 years as an actor?


Venkatesh: It is a great feeling. I learnt a lot in this field. I have matured as a person and actor in all these years and am still in the process of learning. No man is complete at any given point of time, I feel.

Q. How do you react to a success and failure?


Venkatesh:
 I never think about the result while doing anything. I give my hundred percent and leave the rest to the fate. Hit or flop is not in our hands. What we can do is to do our work sincerely.

Q. Didn’t you ever feel bad about a good film being flopped?


Venkatesh:
 I can remember only two occasions where I felt bad about the negative result. I loved Seenu script very much. But that didn’t do well as expected. Also I was disappointed with the result of Subash Chandra Bose.

Q. Did you ever do a film due to obligations?


Venkatesh:
 Yeah, I used to do that at the early stages of my career. Sometimes they click and sometimes they don’t. But it is risky to do films out of obligations. We can’t do that now as many crores aand lives are involved in a film.

Q. What are your favorite films among your movies?

Venkatesh:
 There are many films which gave me immense satisfaction as an actor. But to name a few, Dharma Chakram, Ganesh and Prema are very close to me as I never did such emotional characters in any films. Nuvvu Naaku Nachav, Malliswari, Bobbili Raja, Adavari Matalaku Ardhale verule, Pavitra Bandham and Pelli Chesukndam are my favorites too.

Q. What are your expectations on Nagavalli?


Venkatesh:
 I hope this film to do well. Because I have never did this kind of role in any film. Not only me, even my contemporaries didn’t do such role. I hope my fans and audience receive me in a new avatar.

Q.Tell us about the aghora character you did in this film

Venkatesh:
 I’ve done only two roles in Nagavalli, a king and a psychiatrist (smiles).

Q. How is it doing a negative role?


Venkatesh: King character has negative shades but is not like that of a villain. He is right in his viewpoint. It is a lovable negative role. I loved doing it.

Q. Audience might compare yours performance with Rajanikanth’s in Chandramukhi. Are you aware of it?

Venkatesh: Comparisons are ought to come. But I did it in my own style. I have done remakes of Rajnikanth’s films in Telugu earlier too. But I never imitated or copied his style. Nagavalli too will be the same. This is Venkatesh’s take on Chandramukhi (laughs).

Q. What is your next project?

Venkatesh:
 Some projects are in pipeline. Will let you know in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment